Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Week One EOC: My Voice

As an audio professional I strive to keep up to date skills and talents that keep me talented in this always changing field. The competition for money in this industry causes newer and better technology to be released on almost a weekly basis. It is essential as an audio professional to be aware of the newest technology, and get familiar with it as well. Being comfortable and skilled with technology from 5 years ago will keep you behind and sometimes out of work. The big names in this business are always upgrading their studios and equipment to be more time and money efficient. Just being up to date on the skills in the always changing software of the industry will keep you a job. Now how good you can be with it will most likely determine the money you choose to charge if you are working freelance. Currently only a sophomore, I can consider myself a professional. My skills and talents include everything from mixing and recording great quality sound, to recording and editing video. I am comfortable with the latest version of Pro Tools, which is an industry standard program for mixing and doing post production.  I also have acoustical studio experience, and have skills in creating some great sounding rooms for either mixing or just listening. Whatever it may be, i consider myself an artist in all aspects of audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment